Saturday, January 1, 2011

January 1 2011 Happy New Year Eastsiders

Hey thank you to all who are now following the Eastside St Paul Memories n More blog. 

Hi I am Lisa and here is some of my back ground. 
I lived on Winthrop St., born in the early 60's.  I have two brothers i am the youngest. My mom was a stay home mom and my dad a plumber. I went to Eastern heights Elementary school K-6 (if you went there let me know who your favorite teacher was) my two favorite teacher 's were Mr. Sky and Miss Woods. 
Battle Creek Jr. high 7-9 is where i spent the middle years ( Hi to Roger, Randy, and Bob). 
Off to Harding high school for the rest 10-12. ( Go Harding Knights) 
Cool places in my neighborhood, Mini Market.....it was our candy supplier. Penny candy, winner suckers, now or laters, and bubsdaddy bubblegum green apple! It was a blast! SunRay shopping center just a bike ride away. You cant' forget the famous  Minnehaha drive-ins  (now i know we can get some juicy stories here from you) who remembers going to church at the drive-in on Sunday mornings through out the summer? More about this later. 
I found a site that needs our help there is no information or pictures, nothing on our drive-in.  


http://www.drive-ins.com/theater/mntminn



Lets do what we can to fix this and get our information on our Drive-in up and online. 
Have a great day Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year to you too! I'm here for the holidays (1 1/2 weeks) and had a great time snowboarding-sledding down Battle Creek hill (behind the elementary school)...

    http://stpaul.goodnewsminnesota.info/battlecreek.html
    *I made two youtube videos after noticing not much "presence" on the youtube community

    Born and Raised in St. Paul's East Side-Former Resident,
    Sal:)

    ReplyDelete